This page was created in order to help editors by giving them an idea of how things should be formatted and a clearer image of what we're looking for in this Wiki. By following these guidelines, maintaining consistency throughout the site will be much easier for everyone and will, hopefully, decrease the number of questions asked -- as well as any confusion one may encounter.
Writing Guidelines[edit source]
- Please refrain from using profanity on the wiki, unless used within a direct quotation.
- Write in North American English instead of Queen's English for consistency.
- Favorite, not favourite.
- Color, not colour.
- Armor, not Armour
- Avoid writing in first-person on content pages. Please help us keep the wiki objective and unbiased!
- (This does not apply to talk pages.)
- Correct: Players have to spend 10 stamina to do the battle.
- Incorrect: You have to spend 10 stamina to do the battle.
- Rumors are discouraged and will be removed.
- Datamined information might be added if there's a clear picture of future content.
Wiki Tips[edit source]
To redirect a page to another page, type the following in the page that's being redirected:
#REDIRECT [[page you're redirecting to]]
If a page is being redirected to a category, please format it like this:
Note the colon before "Category". Not using this colon will categorize the page into that category, as well as redirect it. This sort of circular reference is not recommended.
- Page "Yato" redirects to "Category:Swords".
- The page "Category:Swords" will contain a link to the page "Yato" which redirects the user back to "Category:Swords".
- You won't get anywhere.
Comments, Talk Pages, and Discussion Pages[edit source]
Sign all comments made on talk and discussion pages by typing four tildes ( ~~~~ ). This will automatically include the timestamp and username (or IP address) on the page.
Only upload high-quality images.
- Try to use datamined images as much as possible as they will be of the highest quality. Screenshots are allowed if no better alternative can be found.
Please refer to the Naming Image Files section for guidelines in regards to naming.
Whenever possible, upload images as .PNG files: .PNG files compress better than GIF files, and support transparency. If a file is too large, it may be uploaded as a .JPG / .JPEG file.
Templates exist to minimize the copy-pasting of code. When creating a template, consider:
- Is it easy to understand?
- Will other editors be able to understand your template(s) and its variable(s)? Do you understand it?!
- How useful is the template you're making?
- Is your template ever going to be used? Does it serve any real purpose? As much as we appreciate your effort, making templates for no reason will just waste your time, as well as our space.
If you're unsure about something in regards to your template, feel free ask other editors on our Discord channel!
Also, please remember to add somewhere in your template.
Naming Image Files[edit source]
Item Icons[edit source]
For now, images of weapons, armor, nightmares, items, and miscellany are managed through bulk import. Their conventions include the use of item IDs and the use of Module:GetWeaponID to translate names into IDs.
What does this mean for you?
Don't worry about icons. If you have an icon to share that you believe is missing from this wiki, feel free to ask around on our Discord channel in #wiki or #resource-submissions.
Chat and Story Icons[edit source]
These use the convention "Character Job Chat Balloon.png" and "Character Job Story Balloon.png" respectively.
Character Portraits[edit source]
Portraits of a character should follow the convention "Portrait Character Job.png"
Advanced Topics[edit source]
Useful Pages[edit source]
Useful Templates, Modules, and Categories[edit source]
|JST to local machine time translator:|
| Notification Templates
Add these banners to notify users about certain information.
|Categories for Pages that Need Work|
|Useful reference categories|